Captain Simon Francis is doubtful with a groin injury and will be given a late fitness test. Bournemouth is again without Joshua King, who is nursing an ankle problem.
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho must decide whether to recall striker Romelu Lukaku, who began on the bench against Everton.
Jesse Lingard, who made his comeback from injury as a late substitute in that game, will also hope for a recall to the starting line-up.
Captain Antonio Valencia is still absent with a knee injury, while Marouane Fellaini and Diogo Dalot also remain sidelined.
MOTD COMMENTATOR’S NOTES
@SteveBowercomm: The fact that the first match of November sees Bournemouth in the top six, on the back of three consecutive Premier League clean sheets, and above Manchester United in the table says everything about their respective seasons so far.
The continued positivity and consistency in Dorset from Eddie Howe’s team makes this another tricky examination of United’s current state of mind.
Jose Mourinho’s team are the last visitors to win at the Vitality Stadium, back in April, and to do so again they will have to hit the standards set in their second-half performance at Stamford Bridge recently.
It would be another small step if they could, in a campaign where they have yet to find any significant momentum.
VIEW FROM THE DUGOUT
Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe: “We sat down at the start of the season and set targets.
“I think we were conscious of our start last season… We started poorly, results were not good and we had to dig deep.
“This year we remembered that, we focused on our pre-season, had a really good pre-season schedule and we have started well.”
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho: “I think by the end of December, which is the end of the first half of the Premier League, I think we are not going to be in the position we are now.
“We are going to be in a better position.”
Manchester United won last weekend, but their performance against Everton was perfunctory.
I still think United will find a way of winning this one, though, even if they do not play particularly well.
- Bournemouth won their first Premier League game against Manchester United in 2015 but are winless in the five subsequent meetings, losing four times.
- United have won on their last two visits to the Vitality Stadium, scoring five goals and conceding just one.
- The Cherries could keep four consecutive clean sheets for the first time in the top flight.
- They are unbeaten in their last six home league games (W4, D2), with their last loss the 2-0 defeat by Manchester United in April.
- Bournemouth have taken 26 points from the last 36 available (W8, D2, L2).
- With five goals and four assists, Callum Wilson has been directly involved in more Premier League goals this season than any other Englishman.
- Wilson is just one short of equalling his combined goals and assists tally (eight and two respectively) in last season’s Premier League.
- The Reds have kept just one Premier League clean sheet this season – only Fulham have a poorer record in terms of shut-outs.
- They have let in 17 goals in their opening 10 league games, compared to just four conceded at this stage last season.
- United are one short of becoming the fourth club to score 100 Premier League penalties.
- They have failed to convert four of their last seven penalties in the top flight, although two of those missed spot-kicks were scored on the rebound.
- Romelu Lukaku has scored six goals in his last three league appearances against Bournemouth, and netted in both matches against them last season.
- Anthony Martial could score in four consecutive Premier League games for the first time. He has netted four goals in total in his last three top-flight appearances.
Source: BBC News
PSL3 years ago
Siyabonga Ngezana is Bafana Bafana material – Giovanni Solinas
Cricket1 year ago
Australia Cricket and tennis stars pay tribute to those affected by bushfires
Football 3651 year ago
Zidane could leave Real Madrid again
Football 3653 years ago
Kylian Mbappe scores 4 goals in 13 minutes
PSL1 year ago
Kuda Mahachi gets SA permanent residency
PSL3 years ago
Andile Jali set for bail hearing after an alleged domestic violence
Tennis1 year ago
Dominic Thiem beats Rafael Nadal to reach Australian Open semi-finals
Football 3651 year ago
CAPS United’s 2020 squad